Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Benefit Box O' Powder in CORALista Review and Swatches

About a year ago, I was scouring the internet (blogs, cosmetic retailer websites, YouTube videos, etc.) looking for the perfect blush to pick up my face and make me look like an angel due the glowing 'lit from within' effect it would give me. Then I fell upon a video made by the well known Missglamorazzi (A.K.A Ingrid Nilsen) titled May Favorites 2012 <3 Makeup MAYhem Day 16. The way Ingrid described it fit the bill perfectly and I had been dreaming about this blush ever since. A couple of months ago, I finally got my hands on it.


Benefit claims, "Take tropical pleasure trip with CORALista. Sweep this coral pink powder onto cheeks anytime, anywhere. Move your brush to the beat & turn up the heat... bikini optional!"


Benefit's claim was relatively small compared to other companies, but I think the point they're trying to get across is that this is a summertime blush that compliments a tan. I would be lying if I told you I disagreed. CORALista is a peachy coral color with a golden sheen and shimmer. Perfect for sunshine filled days! It makes your skin just glow like you're in a skincare commercial. It's pretty incredible! Also, if you suffer from acne *cough* me *cough*, it distracts from it, replacing the grossness of pimples and zits with a beautiful radiance.

Also, the packaging is... well... it's okay. It's 100% practical with a mirror, magnetic closing contraption, shock absorbing cardboard, and reasonable product to packaging ratio, but... it's a little too flashy for my taste. You definitely won't lose it it your makeup bag/collection though.



The quality is really nice as well. It's pigmented but not powdery, and it lasts up to TEN hours on me! But that's just on my skin (I have combination skin: really oily t-zone, relatively dry cheekbones). It could last differently on different skin types.

Despite the nice quality, it does have a tendency to apply in blotches if the brush you're using has densely packed bristles. To avoid that, use a fluffier brush. I recommend the Real Techniques blush brush.



This retails for $28. I know, it's expensive. But, there are 12 grams (about 0.42 oz) of product in this tiny box! In comparison to NARS blushes, which are one dollar more and contain about 4.54 grams of product, you get a better deal per gram with Benefit.

You can find this blush anywhere Benefit is sold.

Grade: 90% (A-)
Pigmentation: 5/5
Wear Time: 5/5
Ease Of Use: 3.5/5
Overall Quality: 4.5/5
Score: 18/20

Be Confident,
Molly




1 comment:

  1. You haven't done a post in a while! I'm waiting! :) Jk, but seriously please do another review soon. It would make this girl very happy. :D

    ReplyDelete